Sunday, February 17, 2008

Revised Floor B/W Drawings

These are the revised plans per Eric's critique last week. Some major changes occurred to the atrium area as the exhibit area was moved to it. Got rid of gathering space on the southwest area of the building, the stair in the south west was also moved in, etc. The now Atrium/Exhibit area needs some refining, I need to decide if I'm bringing back the trees or not, etc. The water feature moved to the south straddling the glass wall, I just wanted to visually blend the glass wall with the water as is perceived from both the inside and the outside. The roof over the Atrium/Exhibit area is now FLAT and solid instead of all glass. Figured the amount of light entering the 3 story high glass wall should be enough natural light. I will post the updated section later today. In the section I will show the new location of the cistern and the incorporation of Ground Source Heat Pumps.After trying to make the sections work with a flat roof over the atrium it made me realize that it wouldn't work. Since the monumental stair goes all the way to the 4th floor it makes it too complicated at this point to add a separated roof structure for the stair. So that said, I'll stick to the original pitched roof since it works better with what I'm trying to achieve and with the sustainable strategies. I will appreciate any comments.

1 comment:

smunger said...

How is the sun controlled in the Photo Studio?. I am assuming that this is where people go to photograph their models, and to incorporate simulated sun scenarios sort of like what we did in Caseriei Hall?

This is probably one of the only rooms where I would think that no outside light is wanted or needed, but it has some of the best light in the whole building.

Your elevations look good (they always have) , especially your North Elevation. The fenestration has started to reveal the inner workings of the structure beneath the facade.