Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sun Path Diagrams

Here is an image of my building with a sunpath diagram that I have created, I thought it would be nice to include something like this into the final presentation.
Also I finally got to download ECOTEC's trial and here are some images from it. It is an excellent tool for designing an site responsive building. On this sofware you are able to import your 3D model into it and be able to run some tests. Too bad the trial only lasts 2 hours!! The software is a little expensive but I believe they have it discounted for students at $90. Here is the website: http://www.squ1.com/

2 comments:

Eric Nelson, AIA said...

Glad you discovered ecotect. Show us these diagrams with the building sections and the atrium interior so we can see the quality of lighting and/or passive solar control you've acheived and how you acheived it. Go to your last post for my general design feedback.

Gerry said...

Great solar diagrams – especially the subtle changes in color.
East end looks more responsive to the different orientations – and it is interesting I think to be able to read the south screen’s edge – perhaps to even understand how it is made or how it works.
Atrium roof: the angled shading makes sense, as it appears to face south it’s a nice play-off between the urban grid and the celestial grid! Each of your building blocks still appear to me like separate animals – is there some way to integrate them? It is a unified organization that is housed in them – perhaps landscaping, a plaza, or some shared wall treatments? Perhaps I see a small screen on the lecture hall? That might be developed. Very nice rendering from the southeast (I must like the sky better). A closer rendering showing more of the atrium would be interesting. Especially if we can look inside and see the other building forms. Nice interior view of the atrium. Have you thought of code issues for this space? Complicated perhaps.